St. Landry Parish is always moving forward. With a focus on growth, St. Landry is home to both established companies and innovative startups. Transportation access and infrastructure are key assets within the Parish, being that St. Landry is situated at the crossroads of State Highway 190 West and Interstate 49 North/South and in the proximity to Interstate 10.
St. Landry has a business community that is incredibly diverse and includes agricultural, advanced Healthcare, tourism, and a vibrant entrepreneurial culture. This has allowed our community to develop a diverse economy that is both sustainable and growing.
We Have the Right Workforce
The Acadiana Region is a magnet for labor. With several colleges located within our Parish, our workforce is highly educated and highly trained. There is an ample supply of employees with a good work ethic and a range of skills that new and expanding companies can benefit from.
St. Landry Parish Economic Development
St. Landry Parish Economic Development (SLED) exists to promote economic growth in St. Landry parish. We do so through innovative programs in addition to providing information, resources, and direct assistance to both existing and new businesses.
SLED assists both domestic and international companies in establishing operations and facilities in St. Landry Parish, Louisiana. SLED offers the following assistance to new businesses:
- Identifying viable sites for expansion, relocation or new construction
- Providing information about available sites and buildings
- Arranging tours of available properties
- Obtaining and distributing statistical information about St. Landry Parish
- Assisting with local, state, and federal incentive programs
- Serving as a resource for workforce and education issues
- Acting as a liaison between business and local government
Existing Business Support
St. Landry Parish Economic Development (SLED) recognizes significant economic development growth in a community is generated by existing businesses. To help nurture this growth SLED works closely with local businesses to:
- Learn company goals and objectives, products and services, and customers and suppliers.
- Identify common issues, address concerns, and help remove obstacles encountered in daily operations through a connection of multiple resources.
- Build a better business community by acting on information received from local business leaders.
Retaining businesses and fostering existing business growth is an important priority and SLED assists existing businesses with finding expansion locations in St. Landry.
- Works with local businesses to provide assistance with numerous issues including permit requirements, workforce development, training and networking.
- Reports activities to SLED's Board of Commissioners to demonstrate how critical local businesses are to St. Landry Parish's economy.
- Provides current and up-to-date information through multiple outlets to Parish businesses on relevant issues affecting their daily operations.
- Coordinates timely and meaningful seminar programs by partnering with local business resources and institutions.
Our team is also supported by our regional EDO, One Acadiana.