St. Landry is a vibrant community, steeped in rich Cajun and Creole culture. Our history is colorful and diverse, but the real story is where we are going. This is a community moving forward and St. Landry Economic Development (SLED) plays an integral role in that process. SLED is committed to Moving St Landry Parish Forward through the creation and implementation of a forward-looking strategy of economic and community development. Our initiatives are designed to bring growth and prosperity to St. Landry Parish businesses, communities, its clients and youth.
SLED is a resource and help to the business community, entrepreneurs, site selectors, citizens, and stakeholders interested in the economic growth of St. Landry Parish.
SLED's responsibilities may be summarized as follows:
- Spearhead progressive near and long-term transformational area planning efforts
- Provide forward thinking leadership in the establishment of regional economic and community development planning, policy and priorities.
- Provide leadership and aggressive support for progressive workforce development and area education at all levels.
- Foster economic development collaboration among Parish leaders, citizens and businesses.
- Develop and implement long-term Parish economic development policy.
- Market the Parish's business advantages together with both other initiatives/incentives.
- Serve as the primary contact when the Parish receives business-related inquiries.
- Provide an exceptional level of assistance to existing area businesses
- Be a technical resource to the Parish's business community; a bridge for any challenges that area business may encounter that could limit their opportunity.
- Provide education to community and area leaders on proactive growth.
- Aggressively respond to commercial prospect and developer inquiries and challenges.
- Expand the Parish supply of available commercial and industrial sites and buildings.
- Provide local entrepreneurs with guidance and resources for their start-up ventures.
- Provide training resources/information to small businesses and start-up ventures.
- Provide operations and marketing support for the Cajun Acceleration Station.
- SLED also manages the following boards:
- St. Landry Economic Development District Board (SLED)
- Vision St. Landry
- Central St. Landry Economic Development District (CSLEDD)
- Downtown Development District (DDD)
Download the SLED Sexual Harassment Policy